1. The luminometer is a Lumitester PD-10 instrument and is provided with 2 AA (or R6) alkaline batteries for use in the field. The luminometer can be connected to the electrical mains with an AC adaptor and with specific connectors allows for data to be transferred to either a computer or printer.
2. Syringe: A 10 ml synthetic syringe with Luer fittings for filtering predetermined volumes of water through the pre-filter and the membrane filter.
3. Box of membrane filters: 25 .22µm filters which are 13mm in diameter for capturing bacteria during the application of the membrane filter tests.
4. Mini filter holders: Two 13mm filter holders constructed in inert plastic with Luer fittings to help hold the pre-filter and membrane filter during the bacterial contamination screening test.
5. Pincette: A pair of plastic tweezers for the manipulation of the pre-filters and the membrane filters.
6. Cleaning Stick: A long metal stick designed to clean the measurement compartment of the luminometer in the event of a spill.
7. Holders for the tubes with ATP reagents: Two transparent plastic holders to be fitted to the tubes with the ATP reagents prior to the insertion into the luminometer.
8. 2 Pipettes: 1000µl and 200µl Finnpipettes for preparation and running of the bacterial screening test.
9. Timer: A small timer is included for the use during the Toxi-Screening tests.
10. The Bacterial Contamination Screening Kit can be used in freshwater as well as marine water and estuarine environments.